[CentOS] Duplicate PV on HW RAID?

Ross S. W. Walker RWalker at medallion.com
Mon Jul 28 18:29:36 UTC 2008

Toby Bluhm wrote:
> > Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
>

> Never mind, mdadm don't apply with HW raid.

Ah, but it would if a hardware RAID1 mirror were broken, a new
disk stuck in, then later the old disk was inserted into the
enclosure and it was presented as a regular disk...

Though he would need to determine if that is actually the case,
verify it is actually not part of any existing RAID set, then
remove it's LVM metadata.

If it is just a "fake" RAID not abstracting the physical disks
properly then he just needs to filter them out in lvm.conf.

Key is to make sure it isn't the "fake" RAID scenario or it
will have disastrous consequences.

-Ross