[CentOS] Duplicate PV on HW RAID?

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Mon Jul 28 17:51:06 UTC 2008

Eduardo Grosclaude wrote:

> 4) Rebooted the installed system. Now "Duplicate PV" shows at boot. Honestly

To me it sounds likely that the raid controller is shitty and
is presenting two sets of devices to the OS, one likely being
the "RAID" device and the other a more generic device(s).

What does 'dmesg' say? Do you see more devices than you think
you should have on the system?

As long as LVM is using the "right" one, I think there shouldn't
be a problem. As another poster mentioned show your LVM configuration,
you may want to add a filter into /etc/lvm/lvm.conf to make sure it
uses the right one.

I've only seen this condition myself when:

1) Using multipathing software and multiple links to the same storage
   (in which case I adjust lvm.conf to account for this)
2) snapshot a volume on an array and export it to the same host that
   had the master(in which case I decided that wasn't the best way to
   accomplish what I wanted).

nate