[CentOS] Re: You didn't give me some packages, so now I'm giving you some! R, TexLive, LyX, Gnumeric, etc.

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Jul 29 20:01:11 UTC 2008

on 7-29-2008 12:29 PM Paul Johnson spake the following:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 3:41 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos-0hLy+LJnySaoYr4blSSd5g at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Paul Johnson wrote:
>
>> There's no real process of getting your packages into CentOS at the
>> moment, rpmrepo is still "finding itself", so my advice would be to
>> offer those packages (and maintenance) to rpmforge, which will be in
>> rpmrepo once that is up. See <https://rpmrepo.org/RPMforge/>. Getting it
>> in there also will help people with Scientific Linux or other
>> distributions.
>>

> People keep sending me to RPMforge, but apparently you don't go there
> yourselves to see you are sending me nowhere.  Follow your advice:
>
> https://rpmrepo.org/RPMforge/
>
> Go to the 2nd section called "Packagers".  Click either of these:
>
> Building RPMforge packages
>
> Contributing RPM packages
>
> Both links point to pages that have not yet been created.

If you look at the first line of the front page it says
"This is work in progress, if you are interested in joining the project please
get on the mailing lists."

Actually it says "intested", but I had to fix the typo!  ;-P

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and