[CentOS] Re: Unable to write video dvd using k3b

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Jul 31 16:39:26 UTC 2008

on 7-30-2008 5:45 PM MHR spake the following:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Robert <kerplop-rphTv4pjVZMJGwgDXS7ZQA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Blush! I should have said "DVDShrink in Windows".  I haven't found a good
>> Linux substitute either, so on those rare occasions that I want to backup a
>> DVD, I borrow the Windows machine I have set up for the great-grandkids.
>> My apologies for the confusion and the OT noise.
> Rats!  I thought you had an answer to some of my DVD issues.  (sigh)
> I hear k9copy can do this, but I haven't looked too deeply into that
> one yet.  I had a lot of trouble with dvdshrink (on Windows) the last
> few times I tried to use it - disappointing and annoying.  Apparently
> there are a fair number of movies that it will not do, and I had to
> pick several of them.
> Thanks for the clarification (darn you!).
> mhr
This thread is bordering on discussions of illegal activity which I would
suspect the CentOS group would rather have go offlist to avoid any troubles
from legal types.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!