[CentOS] Best Java code for Centos 5.2s Firefox 3

Mon Jul 7 13:29:20 UTC 2008

OK.  I just upgraded a test system from 5.1 to 5.2 and there went all of
my efforts to get Java working.  All those alternative commands that I
lost track of what really worked....

So I need the JDK.  I have that installed on my main system with some
alternatives commands that I do not remember.  I do remember (and can
find) a thread here to help me on it, and I tried a number of different
recommendations until things started working.  Was it the last command
or a combination of them?

Anyway, so here comes the upgrade to firefox 3.  On my test system, Java
was working with 1.5, and now it is not.  So I anticipate the same event
here.  I need these Java apps working, so before I upgrade, I would like
to know what others have found out and recommend.