[CentOS] madwifi on Centos 5.2, kernel 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5

Mon Jul 14 03:46:21 UTC 2008
Kurt Hansen <khansen at charityweb.net>

Hello,

I just installed Centos 5.2 on my wife's IBM thinkpad T41 with Atheros
wireless.

It looks like I need to install madwifi to get the wireless to work. Our
home wireless network uses WPA2

I found the EL5 rpms at atrpms, but there is no madwifi-kmdl rpms for
kernel 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5.

So, to get the wireless working on my home network, what's the shortest
path from here? Install madwifi from source (was part the way there but
discovered the rpms when I looked for the wpa_supplicant stuff)? Or, can
I use one of the other madwifi-kmdl rpms? Or, go back to an earlier kernel?

Thanks for your help!

Take care,

Kurt Hansen