[CentOS] Migrating RHEL 3 to Centos 5.2 - has Adaptec 2400a RAID

Tue Jul 29 18:42:58 UTC 2008
Ed Westphal <enwestph at rochester.rr.com>

    Greetings all. I'm new to the mailing list. Hope to get to know many
of you. I'll jump right in with a recent project. I have a machine with
RHEL WS 3 - Taroon; plus dual boot to Win 2000 Pro. The RAID card is
Adaptec's 2400A w/128 megs cache, running RAID 10 on 4 WD's. I want to
migrate to 5.2 Centos and wipe the NTFS partition. I have the 5.2 Centos
DVD. Anyone see any problems, special preparation needed, whatever, to
accomplish the migration? The RAID uses dpt_i2o drivers. The NVidia card
can get drivers from their website, if need be to support full
functionality. Please advise with any cautions, considerations, you may
care to give. Thanks in advance.

Ed Westphal