[CentOS] Acer 5920 audio chip does not work in CentOS 5.2?

Thu Jul 3 14:43:38 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 10:18 -0400, William L. Maltby wrote:
> <snip>

> After this, I'll pop in Mark Knoppfler's "Shangri-La" and diff the two
> files.
> <snip>

OK. I've attached a diff and sdiff output. Used together, fast
identification of what changed from idle to playing can be achieved.

I would expect you should see something similar, adjusted for your
setup.

Maybe a clue will emerge.

This is on a fully updated CentOS 5.2.

BTW, forgot to ask if you have a CD player (can't remember the start of
thread). If so, when you insert a CD, does it show on the desktop? And
what application do you use to play it? I'm using the stock cd player
that comes with the Gnome desktop. On 5.1 I've also used mplayer for DVD
on this w/o problems (totem doesn't work - missing plugins and never had
an interesting in tracking them down).

HTH
--
Bill