[CentOS] Message size rejected

Thu Jul 3 21:29:55 UTC 2008
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> My daughter needs to send me a large file.  It appears that it is getting
> through my ISP, but being rejected on my CentOS mail server.  The message
> she's getting says

Much as I dislike getting or giving "you asked for x, but here's how
to do it with y" I'm going to do so here.

Email is one of those things which is great for small files, and such,
but large transfers can cause issues at pretty much every aspect of
the trip. If you've already got a webserver running, add a password
protected area for uploads. You can even set it up to allow webdav
style transfers over https. This avoids any mail handling delays, lets
both parties know it got there successfully, and keeps the clutter out
of the mailserver.

George Orwell