Internet Networking Down (Was FW: [CentOS] Problem with nvidia-drv-x11 when upgrading to CentOS5.2 (Akemi))

Sat Jul 5 12:30:32 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 13:37 +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> <snip>

"Internet network currently down, TCP/IP packets delivered now by
UPS/Fedex ..."

Except in the U.S. where a combination of stupid policies, unreasonable
consumer expectations, spineless politicians, and $4+ a gallon (GASP!)
gasoline is driving (no pun intended) our airlines, truckers and parcel
delivery services to the brink of bankruptcy.

We will no revert to Pony Express.

Wait: "tree huggers" object to the methane from horsesh*t and spineless
ones immediately cave.

We will revert to smoke signals.

Wait: that will violate the carbon caps and "tree huggers" object to the
destruction of our "pristine" forests. Spineless ones cave.

We will revert to tom-toms made from fallen trees, thereby preserving
the forests and having no impact on the carbon cap.

Wait: "everybody" objects to the noise polution. Spineless ones silently
cave.

We will revert ... to living in caves and having no packets at all.

--
Bill