[CentOS] OT: anything in CentOS 5.2 that uses opendns.com when browsing web?

Thu Jul 10 01:29:49 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On 7/9/08, Victor Padro <vpadro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Pfsense could do the job also, if you install tinyDNS and increase the cache
> limit which is 1Mb by default to perhaps 100mb. I'm giving a try right now
> because my ISP here in mexico city is so damn slow to resolve domains
> outside the america continent.

Hola Victor: Gracias.  I will add  Pfsense and tinyDNS to the list of
things I need to read up on. Having my own Caching DNS Server, in my
Firewall/Router box, is probably the best way to eliminate these
problems. If I can do that on CentOS that would be great, and I'm sure
that just about anything can be done on CentOS, but I am going to look
into doing it with my IPCop box or on SME Server, first, which would
probably be much easier for me to get up and running properly. I have
a backup IPCop box, that I probably can do this on. It has a P3 500MHz
CPU and 384 MB of RAM. I don't think CentOS 5.2 will run on that, but
maybe CentOS 4.6 will run OK on it. Until WiMax or TelMex become
available in our rural subdivision (in Colombia) at this time, ADSL is
our best option for connectivity, but probably it would be nice, only
to use them for connectivity and not for DNS. Lanny