[CentOS] Re: OT: anything in CentOS 5.2 that uses opendns.com when browsing web?

Thu Jul 10 21:50:59 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On 7/10/08, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Bind as a caching nameserver is dead easy to install.
> Just run "yum install caching-nameserver" and it will pull everything in.
> Then "chkconfig named on & service named start"

Scott: Thanks! I just began a text file: "Caching DNS Server" and
copied the above into it. Questions: (a) Is caching-nameserver
completely standalone or do I need anything else with it? (Sound like
yum will install everything it needs)  (b) How to configure it? (c)
Easier for me to get that configured properly than dnscache from
djbdns? (d) If I do a minimal CentOS 3.x or  4.x install, would I do
the Routing & Masquerading with IPTables or something else? If I can
get this to work, on a CentOS box, that would be great. Lots of
questions!  Your time and help is much appreciated!   Lanny