[CentOS] Slow samba and Realtek card

Sat Jul 12 16:00:33 UTC 2008
Miguel Filho <miguel.filho at gmail.com>

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 6:43 AM, Emmanuel Borlet
<emmanuel.borlet at yoni.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We can see
> # lspci
> 02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B
> PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 01)

Change the network card, period. I have a laptop with an R8168 and
even using kernel 2.6.25 the card just suddenly stops working. If I do
an rsync on a LAN, the card holds up to 300mb of data transfer and
stops working again. I always have to reboot. No errors, nothing. I
have seen many people complaining about this card on the IRC channel
too.

Miguel

--
http://osysadmin.blogspot.com