[CentOS] pci-x v2 detect on command line

Tue Jul 15 15:13:01 UTC 2008
Tony Schreiner <schreian at bc.edu>

On Jul 15, 2008, at 5:45 AM, Peter Kjellstrom wrote:

> On Monday 14 July 2008, Tony Schreiner wrote:
>
> You basically have two ways to go. 1) Google the PCI bridge 2) run
> lspci with
> a few -v options and attempt to decode the output.
>
> The first approach would have told you that the AMD bridge does
> indeed support
> PCI-X version 2 but only to 266 MHz (assuming the board/bios etc.
> supports
> it). The cheap intel chip you mentioned below wont even likely run
> 133 MHz
> version 1 very fast...
>
> But at this point it's probably relevant to ask why do you care? I
> have seen
> many high performance PCI, PCI-X and PCI-express cards but PCI-
> X-2? ...that
> hasn't seen any wide use at all. Do you really have a card that is
> PCI-X-2?
> As I understand it it's quite dead in the water and everyone has
> moved on to
> PCI-express.
>
> /Peter

Thanks for the pointers. The reason I asked the question is I'm
investigating some Fibre Channel HBA's and was asked if I had if I
had PCI-X v2 available. I agree that I have not seen it mentioned in
the press or anywhere else very much.

Tony Schreiner