[CentOS] Bug-buddy and bug reports for GNOME 2.16...

Tue Jul 15 19:54:19 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 10:57 -0700, MHR wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> >
> > I am currently using thunderbird for my e-mail ... but I have setup a test
> > evolution instance and it is not failing here when I exit.
> >
> > But there is not a whole lot of mail there, so that might be part of it.
> >

> Could be that or time up - I rarely log out, and I have evo up all the
> time.  I exit all my windows before a log out, and the longer I've
> been up, the more likely it seems that a crash will occur, although
> that might not be directly related.  I do have a fair amount of email
> there, too....

JIC it useful: I've been using evo from 4.x up to now 5.2. Never had
this problem. But I did have one that might be involved. I used to get
an evo crap out that spawned a bug buddy instance. Eventually saw enough
detail to identify it as being related to spell checking. Something to
do with dictionaries. Over time, I added/upgraded dictionaries and
haven't seen the problem for a long time now.

It never crashed calendar on me - I also do not* use it.

I did have the advantage that the bug buddy did aprove of the gnome
version at the time, so I was able to see the issues when I filled out
the submission form. You don't have that advantage. The only thing I can
think of might be to see if there is anything in the /var/log/gdm/*
logs, although it would surprise me if there was something.

--
Bill