[CentOS] yum remove <old kernel pkgs> -- wants to remove a to n of stuff

Wed Jul 16 19:36:42 UTC 2008
Kenneth Burgener <kenneth at mail1.ttak.org>

On 7/16/2008 11:53 AM, MHR wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at buc.com> wrote:
> Even if that were completely true, it's not a good idea to mix
> different commands, especially for installing or removing packages.
> If you use rpm to find what you want to remove, remove it with rpm.

I have never experienced any problems with mixing "rpm" and "yum".  Yum
is just a dependency checking/resolving front end for rpm.  If you
attempt to do something with rpm that has dependency problems, it just
fails, reports the issue, but it doesn't cause corruption.  The only
time that using rpm could potentially be a problem is if you did a force
install/removal which breaks some dependency.

Kenneth