[CentOS] OT: Making BT/Yahoo account accessible to plain router

Wed Jul 23 11:35:51 UTC 2008
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Wednesday 23 July 2008 10:43:51 John Bowden wrote:
> On Sunday 22 June 2008 09:42:31 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > My daughter has a BT account, with a BT supplied single-port router.  I'd
> > like to replace it with a standard router, but the settings appear to be
> > totally hidden.  If anyone reading uses BT, could you please tell me
> > where to find the info?  Maybe off-list, to save bandwidth for others/
> > Thanks
> >
> > Anne
>
> Hi Anne.
> Is it a "2wire" wireless router? If so try
> http://gateway.2wire.net/xslt?PAGE=A01&THISPAGE=E01&NEXTPAGE=A01
> Thats the system summery page.
> If not try 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.1.254
> If none of those find it let us know what model / make it is and I will
> find and down load the user manual for it.
> John

Hi, John. Thanks for the offer.  This is on the back burner for now, as I only
get up to see her two or three times a year.  What I've done, for the
present, is put my spare router wired as a switch, so as long as she is on
line I, or her friend, can work too.  It's not an ideal solution, but it
works for now.  Next time I'm up there for any significant length of time
I'll have another go at sorting this.

Anne