[CentOS] Re: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#1 stuck for 61s!

Tue Jul 29 04:27:18 UTC 2008
Ian jonhson <jonhson.ian at gmail.com>

> When you use a custom kernel, you usually get to keep the pieces.
>
> Go buy a new car and change the engine and then see if they honor the
> warranty.
>
> We stopped using Dell machines some time ago. For some reason there
> reliability has been steadily falling. I don't know if they are doing
> non-standard stuff in their bios's or just using less than optimal hardware
> to cut costs, but I probably won't go back.

agree. I have turn back to original CentOS kernel, and then restart my
program. In other words, my program run without PF_RING. By now,
nothing happens. Therefore, it seems the bug results from PF_RING
patch.

Thanks for your help.