[CentOS] slow NFS speed

Wed Jul 30 07:11:37 UTC 2008
Marc Grimme <grimme at atix.de>

On Wednesday 30 July 2008 05:20:10 Mag Gam wrote:
> We upgraded from a 10/100Mbs to a 2 100/1000 bonding. We notice the
> speeds of NFS to be around 70-80Mb/sec. Which is slow, especially with
> bonding. I was wondering if we need to tune anything special with the
> Network and NFS. Does anyone have any experience with this?
>
> TIA

Did you configure the bonding like it should be? Cause configuring a
loadbalanced bonding (which I suppose you're using) is not at all an easy
task.

For example if you are using rr bonding the switch where the nfsserver is
connected to has to channel the ports the nfs-server is connected to. And
much more.

I would recheck bonding. Test how fast it is with only one nic in the bond and
the like. But first of all read the bonding.txt which comes along with the
kernel-docs or can be found here:
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt

--
Gruss / Regards,