[CentOS] Will CentOS 6's upstream be based on Fedora 10?

Wed Jul 30 15:06:57 UTC 2008
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca>

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 10:58 -0400, Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> Try Fedora 8, I know it doesn't have much life in it for updates, but
> it is the most solid Fedora out there right now, and it still is
> getting updates until Christmas.
>
> I personnally could be very happy for a while with RHEL/CentOS based
> on Fedora 8 and wait until KDE 4 and the new init fully bake first.

My work lappy was on Fedora 7, and it was great!  I didn't have any
problems, save for he occasional Evolution crash.  Surprisingly, even
Fedora 9 has been overall much buggier for me, Evolution has been much
more stable.  Go figure.

FYI: I use CentOS 5 for all my server stuff, and even for desktop
machines.  But, I just don't want it as my main desktop distribution. :)

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.22.14-72.fc6 i686 GNU/Linux