[CentOS] sendmail and spam

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Sun Jun 8 19:39:31 UTC 2008

Alain Terriault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is todays most effective combination to filter spam ?
>
> On my old Redhat 3 system I used Sendmail and Spamassasin .. it was
> good, but with the current setup we are getting way to much spam.

have you considered using geo-blocking in concert with SpamAssassin and
the Sendmail MTA? Works wonders and as such doesn't require as much
attention to the SpamAssassin rules because you're not getting as much
shit to deal with, therefore you're not spending as much time adjusting
and adding rules to SA.

I.e. if a business in Pennsylvania only does business in the lower 48
there isn't any need to accept port 25 traffic from Asia, Europe, Latin
America, etc...

--
Mark

Ignorance, like Reality, is a matter of perspective.