[Fwd: Re: [CentOS] School Server Setup]

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 17:01:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 7:11 AM, Sorin at Gmail <sorin.srbu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alain Terriault <> scribbled on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:55 PM:
>
> How do you mean "big sophisticated setup"?
>
> I think CentOS is rather easy to setup, in fact CentOS was the OS of choice when I first started with linux. I'm not fishing for flaming or trolling, just curious on why you think like you do. 8-)

'ear, 'ear!

I dabbled in Linux for nine years, including a six month
semi-concerted effort to use SuSE/Novell Linux (for which I paid $40),
none of which did it for me.  CentOS, in one month, impressed me
enough to spend almost $400 to upgrade my primary home desktop
hardware so I could install CentOS and run a Windows VMWare guest on
it, and I've never been more delighted with a small system with huge
capabilities.  It was (and is) easy to install and easy to manage, and
the only real trouble I've had with the system has come from other,
non-CentOS related areas (including all the things that I thought were
CentOS problems...).

Them's my $0.03 (inflation, y'know...).

mhr