[CentOS] Kernel panic - not syncing: CPU context corrupt

Fri Jun 20 13:08:02 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 14:40 +0200, Alwin Roosen wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Is there someone on this mailing list who could/want help me figure out
> this issue? We do not know where to look to solve this.
> I would be very surprised if this is hardware related.

A google on

"Machine Check Exception" "Kernel panic - not syncing: CPU context corrupt"

turns up 50 results (including your CentOS BZ request referring you to
this list), many of which point to hardware problems - CPU, MB (bad
caps), chipset, are all listed as possible problems.  I'd go back to the
hardware vendor if still under warranty.

Phil