[CentOS] How to install *all* packages via kickstart?

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Wed Jun 25 02:07:07 UTC 2008

Gregory Gerard wrote:

> Does someone have a list I can place in the packages section which is
> known to work and really get everything?

How about something like this
cd /path/to/centos/RPMS/dir
rpm -q -p *rpm >/tmp/packages.list

and put the contents of /tmp/packages.list in your kickstart to
get everything installed.

Or if you don't want to list the version numbers something like
for i in `echo *rpm`; do rpm --queryformat %{NAME} -q -p $i 2>/dev/null;echo
"";done | tee /tmp/packages.list

Not that I can think of a good reason to install every package available..

There may be packages that conflict with other packages as well, I've
never tried installing everything before.

nate