[CentOS] dm-multipath use

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Wed Jun 25 18:02:14 UTC 2008

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 at 7:49pm, Geoff Galitz wrote

> Are folks in the Centos community succesfully using device-mapper-multipath?
> I am looking to deploy it for error handling on our iSCSI setup but there
> seems to be little traffic about this package on the Centos forums, as far
> as I can tell, and there seems to be a number of small issues based on my
> reading the dm-multipath developer lists and related resources.

I am in the midst of setting this up on C-5 attached to a MSA1000 running
active/passive.  The documentation is... sparse, to say the least.
There's more than a bit of guesswork in my setup, and I have yet to
actually test the failover.  I certainly think it'd be worthwhile for you
to document your experience somewhere.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin