[CentOS] dm-multipath use

Finnur Örn Guðmundsson finnzi at finnzi.com
Wed Jun 25 18:27:31 UTC 2008

> Are folks in the Centos community succesfully using
> device-mapper-multipath?
> I am looking to deploy it for error handling on our iSCSI setup but there
> seems to be little traffic about this package on the Centos forums, as far
> as I can tell, and there seems to be a number of small issues based on my
> reading the dm-multipath developer lists and related resources.
>
> -geoff
>

> Geoff Galitz
> Blankenheim NRW, Deutschland
> http://www.galitz.org

Hi,

I'm running ~45 machines that boot from SAN/or are connected to our SAN
fabrics on CentOS 4.x/5.x (And about 20 more running RHEL5) without
problems at all. The storage is IBM SVC (2145).

Just make sure multipathd is running on your system, otherwise it will not
recover paths correctly.

Thanks,
Finnur