[CentOS] Kernel panic from install CD

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jun 26 19:15:56 UTC 2008

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Thus if were to try and mix 5.1 with 5.2, I HAVE to start the install
> with the 5.1 10f6 CD. Then I either point to the 5.2 local repo URL or
> point to the 5.1 local repo URL and then supply the 5.2 repo as 'extra'.
> I suspect the former will fail as it will install the 5.2 kernel and
> that gets the Kernel Panic...

you need to sit back, think about the situation... eg. how about a yum
install kernel-<version you know that works and would be in the 5.1 repo >

Take a bit of time, play with what you have, there are quite a few
options you can use to get where you want to be. Thats one of the really
cool things about the distro installer and where it's at these days.

- KB