[CentOS] mdbtools on CentOS

Fri Jun 20 08:25:18 UTC 2008
Nigel Kendrick <support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk>

Morning everyone,

I was hoping to use mdbtools to extract data from some Access databases
overnight. I have yum installed the tools from Dag and also downloaded and
(eventually!) compiled the latest release from the mdbtools web site, but I
either get 'buffer overflow' errors or no output from most of the tools. I
have been trying to cvs checkout the latest development version but
sourceforge's cvs login keeps timing out.

Is anyone hereabouts using mdbtools successfully, or can anyone suggest any
other tools that will dump access databases on a scheduled basis? I have
done test migrations using the MySQL gui tools and that works fine, but I
don't think the operation can be scripted.

On a side note, I also need to do the same for MS-SQL data - does anyone
have any favourite tools for automating data extraction? Everything
ultimately needs to end up in a MySQL database

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Nigel Kendrick