[CentOS] mdbtools on CentOS: FIXED

Fri Jun 20 13:59:35 UTC 2008
Nigel Kendrick <support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk>

Behalf Of Nigel Kendrick
 > Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 9:25 AM
 > To: 'CentOS mailing list'
 > Subject: [CentOS] mdbtools on CentOS
 >
 > Morning everyone,
>
> I was hoping to use mdbtools to extract data from some Access databases
overnight. I have yum installed the tools from Dag and also downloaded and
(eventually!) compiled the latest
> release from the mdbtools web site, but I either get 'buffer overflow'
errors or no output from most of the tools. I have been trying to cvs
checkout the latest development version but
> sourceforge's cvs login keeps timing out.

[Snip]

OK - managed to login to CVS at last and download the latest development
version.

A straight configure/make created tools that ran, but generated no output. I
re-did the configure with some suggested options (below) and it works!!!

./configure --enable-sql --with-unixodbc=/usr/local

It seems these options are needed even though I am accessing the mdb file
directly off disk and not via odbc or SQL

Thanks to all who were just about to chip in with suggestions ;-)