[CentOS] Burning DVD with upgrade of cdrtools for cdrecord

Mon Jun 2 20:40:35 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 15:21 -0400, Dexter Stowers wrote:
> I am having problems burning DVD's from commandline. I was wondering
> if anyone else has had any luck using cdrecord-2.01 and cdrtools that
> is supposed to add DVD support? Thanks!

Well, I *think* I used it to burn my current 5.x DVD, but the commands
have fallen off the end of bash history. From memory, I did.

Remember to first format the DVD - this is required. Mine is an IDE
(LiteOn) and I don't recall having to use the GUI provided by Gnome/KDE.

Do keep in mind that the author's notes still claim no DVD support, and
I do recall warning messages spewing that said no support.

If you can't get it working, hollar and I'll try to reconstruct. I need
to anyway because 5.2 will probably appear in a couple of weeks, based
on past performance and CentOS goals.

I also have dvd+rw-tools-7.0-0.el5.3 installed.

I hope all I just said wasn't a bunch oa Alzheimer's-induced FUD!  8-O

> --  Dexter
> <snip sig stuff>

HTH
--