[CentOS] To upgrade or not

Wed Jun 25 21:40:50 UTC 2008
Robert <kerplop at sbcglobal.net>

Lanny Marcus wrote:

<snip>
> I upgraded my Desktop yesterday and my daughter's Desktop this
> morning. If you surf the web, the move from Mozilla Firefox 1.5.x to
> Mozilla Firefox 3.0 Beta 5 will be well worth your time.
FF 3b is not without its own warts, though.

I frequently save downloaded video clips to be saved on CD or DVD for
friends who don't have broadband access.  I have been doing this very
cleanly in FF 1.5 using an extension named Download Helper -- which
doesn't work in Firefox 3.   It turns out that there is an update for
Download Helper but I can't say whether of not that works because
Firefox 3 can't find the flash player -- which is definitely installed
'cause I'm listening to the audio from
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzAXb7qCCAo  right now.  (Foster Brooks
"Drunk Airline Pilot" routine)

Hopefully, a "compound w" for Firefox will be forthcoming.