[CentOS] satisfying netdirector package dependencies

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Mar 5 19:27:42 UTC 2008

Greg Wallace wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we're looking at packaging up our current NetDirector bug fix release and we want it available as .rpm
>
> at this moment, the maintainers don't have a test environment for Centos
>

> does anyone know whether the latest versions of and Centos can satisfy Tomcat 5 and Java 1.4 JDK as dependencies?

as someone else said, the Java packaged with CentOS is GCJ, which is,
imho, an abomination.   I uninstall GCJ and all its dependencies, and
use the Jpackage.org RPMs to install Sun Java and anything else such as
Tomcat (they have Tomcat 4.x, 5.0, and 5.5 available, it looks like)

Note that on jpackage.org, JPP 1.7 is based on Java 1.4.2, while JPP 5.0
uses Java 5...   I reommend starting here ->
http://www.jpackage.org/jppfaq.php