[CentOS] MySQL 4.1 on Centos 5 ?

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Thu Mar 13 13:22:49 UTC 2008

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Sergej Kandyla wrote:

> Mogens Kjaer wrote:
>> Sergej Kandyla wrote:
>>
>>> I don?t want use outdated software and operation system, also I try not
>>> use testing distribs\soft in production.
>>>

>> Why do you call Centos 4 outdated?
>>
>> You'll get security updates until Feb 29, 2012.
>>

> I just want to use the latest stable  OS and software.
> Also, I already have installed server with centos 5.
>
> I don't choose operation system, please say me, how to right install mysql4.1
> under centos 5 without compiling mysql from sources.
> I don't want make my server dirty, so i'm asking the right way to do this.

There is no *sane* way to install MySQL 4 on CentOS 5 ...
That's the reason why you've been pointed to using CentOS 4 that comes
with MySQL 4 ...
Reinstalling a server to use the right tool is not a big deal .. and i'd
add that it's usually better to look that the software requirements prior
to install an OS version ....

--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>
"Internet network currently down, TCP/IP packets delivered now by UPS/Fedex ..."