[CentOS] centos ldap client authentication

Mon Mar 10 03:24:02 UTC 2008
Dave <dmehler26 at woh.rr.com>

Hello,
    I've got a FreeBSD openldap server set up and i'd like to authenticate
to it with a centos 5.1 client. The server is also acting as a client itself
and user access works fine from it.
    On the clientside I'm getting an error can not search ldap server,
server is unavailable. This is with pam_ldap. I'm using tls encryption. On
the client if i do:

ldapsearch -xZ

i get every entry in my directory. And if i do:

ldapsearch -xZ -L '(uid=user)'

i get a specific user out of it, so i'm concluding the error is in my
/etc/ldap.conf file. I've added ldap to my nsswitch.conf file clientside to
the passwd, shadow, and group lines. On the server i'm seeing a tls
negotiation failure error msg and the client as i said can not search ldap
server.
Thanks.
Dave.