[CentOS] Re: looking for kernel sources

Tue Mar 4 16:51:29 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

<snip>

> VirtualBox' error log said "can't find kernel source" - that's the
> wording they used, so I just used what it said :)
>> And your comparison to cars is not completely correct. It is not
>> buying a car and changing the tires. Replacing a kernel is like
>> replacing the engine of a car. And I don't see the company that made
>> that car still service it if it does not contain their engine.
That is because their install script is looking for /usr/src/linux to be a
symlink to the current source. But the newer versions of the OS don't create
that link anymore, and it is up to the user or the software to evolve along
with it.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and