[CentOS] ipw3945 wireless not working

Wed Mar 5 20:08:11 UTC 2008
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Max Hetrick <maxhetrick at verizon.net> wrote:

>  Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>  >

> > Where does NetworkManager keep its information? There was no
>  > /etc/sysconf/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 file. I made one (but don't know
>  > how to get PTK passphrases into the file). No change.
>

>  I'm not sure mine stores anything anywhere. Every time I connect it asks
>  me for my passphrase information when I attempt to connect.
>
>  When I go home and turn the wireless on, I can search my logs to see if
>  it's storing that anywhere and get back to you.

If you have passphrases turned on in Gnome it stores them in

Network manager stores its data via dbus which gets its stuff usually
from user configs.

/home/$USER/.gconf/system/networking/wireless

Now I will say I had similar problems with the DAG ipw3945 and some
AP's. I had to recompile with some options turned off to get it to
work better. In the end, I switched to some Intel made rpms and tada
it all worked better. However, I can't use the device to do airsnort
etc so its a wash in my opinion.