[CentOS] Gnash 0.8.2 rpm for CentOS 4?

Sun Mar 16 07:35:27 UTC 2008
Robert Arkiletian <robark at gmail.com>

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 7:34 PM, Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Mar 2008, Robert Arkiletian wrote:
>
>  > Does anyone know if there is a Gnash rpm available for CentOS 4?
>  >
>  > I have tried compiling it myself but run into dependency problems.
>  > I looked here
>  >
>  > http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/gnash/
>  >
>  > but there is only 0.8.2 for el5 not el4.
>
>  The buildlog explains it:
>
>          ERROR: GST media handling requested but gstreamer-0.10+ not found
>                 Install it from http://www.gstreamer.net
>                 or .deb users: apt-get install libgstreamer0.10-dev
>                 or .rpm users: yum install gstreamer-devel
>
>  RHEL4 ships with gstreamer 0.8.7. Not every dependency is practically
>  satisfiable. Unless you prefer breaking the system and change your CentOS
>  into a RobertOS :-)

Thanks for looking into it Dag.
I tried compiling gstreamer 0.10 from source but it requires glib2 >= 2.6
I don't think I can update glib2 without causing major damage. So I
give up, I guess it's not possible to run the lastest Gnash on el4.

BTW I really appreciate your rpm repo. :)

--
Robert Arkiletian