[CentOS] 5.1 did not detect marvell e-net controller

Fri Mar 28 19:33:48 UTC 2008
Clyde E. Kunkel <oldfart2231 at cox.net>

James Fidell wrote:
> John wrote:
<snip>

> There's a more recent driver available than the one on the Asus site.
> Google found it for me.  Unfortunately I can't recall were I downloaded
> it from now.
>
> Unfortunately whilst it appears to work ok at 100Mb/s, I get a huge
> number of framing errors at 1000Mb/s.  I've not tried enabling jumbo
> frames yet though.

Th ASUS driver won't compile for me...just says compile error, look in
the log.  The log says compile error.

I will google this again.

BTW, not even sure this is a driver problem, since all indications are
the driver is not even being detected beyond lspci.  I fudged an udev
rule from Fedora 8 and at least got a sky2 driver to obtain an ip
address after a long (2 minutes or so) wait.  However, lo went away in
the process so this was really useless.  Udev between 5.1 and Fedora 8
are very different.

If anyone has a working udev rule I would appreciate it if it could be
shared with me.  Thanks.

--
Regards,

Old Fart