[CentOS] 5.1 did not detect marvell e-net controller

Fri Mar 28 20:05:10 UTC 2008
James Fidell <james at cloud9.co.uk>

Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> James Fidell wrote:
>> John wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> There's a more recent driver available than the one on the Asus site.
>> Google found it for me.  Unfortunately I can't recall were I downloaded
>> it from now.
>>
>> Unfortunately whilst it appears to work ok at 100Mb/s, I get a huge
>> number of framing errors at 1000Mb/s.  I've not tried enabling jumbo
>> frames yet though.
>>

> Th ASUS driver won't compile for me...just says compile error, look in
> the log.  The log says compile error.

It wouldn't compile for me first time, either, because it wasn't looking
in the right place for the kernel files.

After installing kernel-devel and kernel-headers for the current kernel,
I did something like:

   # ln -s kernels/`uname -r`-`uname -p` /usr/src/linux

and that fixed it for me.

I was using the latest drivers I could find, from here:

   http://www.marvell.com/drivers/driverDisplay.do?dId=153&pId=38

James