[CentOS] Yum update erased jdk, jre, and fuse-davfs2

Sat Mar 29 14:59:53 UTC 2008
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I just did a yum update.  It pulled in a number of updates including the
> latest firefox and davfs2.i386.
>
> Then I watch the following show up during the cleanup phase of yum
> (/var/log/messages):
>
> Mar 28 15:42:18 nc2400 Erased: jdk
> Mar 28 15:42:25 nc2400 Erased: jre
> Mar 28 15:42:31 nc2400 Erased: fuse-davfs2
>

> Are the first jsut removal of the alternatives?  How do I tell and how
> do I find that message where I got what to do.  There were soo many
> "alternatives" I tried til I got it right......
>
> And something did happen to fuse-davfs2, becuase I now get:
>
> /sbin/mount.davfs: can't open fuse device
> /sbin/mount.davfs: trying coda kernel file system
> /sbin/mount.davfs: no free coda device to mount

None of those things are provided by CentOS ...

you can see what was installed and removed looking in /var/log/yum.log

you may need to adjust dueling 3rd party repos with the priorities
plugin and/or adding exclude=<pkg_names> to some 3rd party repo
definitions to get/keep specific packages from specific repos.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes