[CentOS] OT: Top Posting

Guy Boisvert boisvert.guy at videotron.ca
Fri May 16 00:02:36 UTC 2008

Bob Taylor wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 16:48 -0500, Doug Tucker wrote:

> I *think* Scott wrote:
>>> Usenet is almost dead but e-mail lists abound (you are using one).
>>> Same concepts.
>> I know, but my point was, since we all use email to read email lists,
>> let's get off the old usenet etiquette, and use email etiquette, which
>> you will find yourself in the very minute minority that replies bottom
>> post.
>
> Doug, you *still* are missing the point! The *rules* written in the days
> of Usenet are *still* applicable today. Why? Because the reason for
> their existence hasn't changed. Originally there was Usenet *groups* now
> there are email lists. What's the difference? The names.
>
> Bob

I second Bob on that!  I do a lot of support and top posting is a
*PITA*.  It's like reading a book from bottom to top, right to left!
It's "doable" but nor very confortable IMHO.

I'm not saying i have absolute truth, just sharing the view of somebody
that do tech support since 15 years.

Guy Boisvert, ing.
IngTegration inc.