[CentOS] OT: Top Posting

Carol Anne Ogdin caogdin at gmail.com
Fri May 16 00:53:07 UTC 2008

Jumping in late here:  I sincerely wish that this list was maintained on any
of the quality "bulletin board" or "Forum" tools.  It would reduce my eMail
load, allow me to zoom in on just the issues of interest to me at the
moment, and I can eMail those posts to myself that are relevant to my own
needs for further editing and documentation.

I find the entire USENET and eMail list thing utterly antediluvian, and
wicked hard to use.  Often, I can only barely remember that *maybe*
something relevant was discussed months ago, but is now relevant to my
current issue today.  A "forum" is more practical as a tool for building a
collective knowledge of the CentOS community.  This eMail list just doesn't
cut it for a "knowledge base" built up of our collective experience.

Of course, for those of you who still prefer this medium, a "forum" can
eMail you posts, just like you see them today.  But people who would like to
search for a solution from a year or so ago could search the central
resource.

--Carol Anne