[CentOS] OT: Forums

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Fri May 16 16:44:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 09:41:12AM -0700, Les Mikesell wrote:
> There is software that can gateway between forum views and email lists
> pretty much transparently but it doesn't fix any problems you might have
> with either view of things - like making neat threads out of a
> conversation that drifts over more than one topic.
>
> Some samples here: http://www.backupcentral.com/phpBB2/

I think the OpenSolaris forums do this with their setup.  Messages seem
to show up on both their forums and their mailing lists.  However they
are doing it seems fairly effective.  As long as the forums enforce
some formatting guidelines to ensure that posts look "correct" when
they show up on the mailing list, and we're not seeing a lot of funky
forum usernames, this could possibly work.

Probably not a real need however. :)

Ray