[CentOS] clustered mail server?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun May 18 01:24:36 UTC 2008

Rudi Ahlers wrote:

>>> You might take a look at SquirrelMail.  It integrates well with cyrus
>>> imap.
>>
>> I've started liking roundcube a bit more than squirrelmail. but
>> roundcube is very basic. SquirrelMail has a *LOT* of plugins and can
>> be made to do almost anything these days. And the community around
>> squirrelmail is much larger than roundcube.
>>
>> Another candidate is Horde+IMP ( which Johnny maintains in the centos
>> repos )
>>
> Sorry guys, I want to stick with a SMTP / IMAP / POP3 server, not
> webmail. I'll be using Horde for webmail as well though

Webmail normally just uses the underlying smtp/imap access to the
underlying server anyway.  If you want something that comes up running
with samba, web/ftp services and email with optional web interface you
might like SME server (http://www.contribs.org) which has Centos
packages plus a simple web administration interface.  I'm not sure if it
can be set up with drbd/failover but I've always had pretty good luck
running software RAID on swappable disks that can be moved to a
different chassis in the event of a motherboard or power supply failure.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com