[CentOS] 1333/8GB Intel motherboard for C5.1

Tue May 20 12:17:53 UTC 2008
Drew Weaver <drew.weaver at thenap.com>

                Hi there, has anyone run into any Desktop/Workstation Intel brand motherboards that work with CentOS 5.1 (4.6/3.9 out of box compatibility is a very large plus) and work with the 1333MHZ cpus such as the 8400/9450 and accept 8GB of RAM? The closest we've found so far is the DG31PR which is alright but it has the limitation of 4GB of RAM and an unsupported Realtek NIC. The DQ35JO is also ok, but requires quite a bit of 'jostling' to get to work such as pci=nommconf and other tweaks, we need something that will work out of box, anyone found anything recently?

Thanks in advance if anyone has any hints.

-Drew