[CentOS] ext3 filesystems larger than 8TB

Tue May 6 05:34:11 UTC 2008
Bill Campbell <centos at celestial.com>

On Mon, May 05, 2008, Florin Andrei wrote:
>Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
>>
>>jfs is
>>supposedly excellent if you have a lot of small files like a
>>mail/news server
>
>Hm, last time I tested ReiseFS turned out to be the best FS for that
>situation. But it's been a while, perhaps things have changed a bit.

Best only if one ignores the reiserfs' tendency to trash data,
particularly on abnormal shutdowns.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

Ah, you know the type.  They like to blame it all on the Jews or the
Blacks, 'cause if they couldn't, they'd have to wake up to the fact that
life's one big, scary, glorious, complex and ultimately unfathomable
crapshoot -- and the only reason THEY can't seem to keep up is they're a
bunch of misfits and losers.
    -- A analysis of Neo-Nazis, from "The Badger" comic