[CentOS] broken GFS

Mon May 12 22:47:11 UTC 2008
Linux <linuxlist at gmail.com>

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 1:15 AM, Tru Huynh <tru at centos.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 12:40:22AM +0300, Linux wrote:
>  > What a coincidence. That is the 1st time I live such a thing. Well,
>  > show me a way to prove.
>  /var/log/messages ?
Only a small part of it.

>  > This log is after update & reboot:
>  > "May 11 16:06:03 xxxxx kernel: XFS: failed to read root inode"
>  nothing more?
Well, that is the only unexpected part. Just to show that XFS module
was loaded for WRONG kernel. As you said, you newer saw before.

>  > According to this, there is a mystery in "May 11 16:06:03" because
>  > there WAS a kmod_xfs but it was 53.1.14, not 53.1.19 as updated
>  > kernel.
>  too bad you rebooted 1 hour before the kernel-xfs module update.
When was kernel-xfs module updated in repository? Just that time? If
so too bad CentOS folks do not update every piece of kernel as a whole
in repositories. Where is integrity?

If not, "yum update" does not update everything at once. I have to run
yum update twice maybe more. First it will load kernel then see that a
new kernel is available, will go and bring its modules...

Still, it is a bit annoying and confusing. I am beginning to think
whether XFS is really supported in CentOS :)