[CentOS] A couple of CentOS 5.1 issues

Wed May 14 19:34:14 UTC 2008
Alfred von Campe <alfred at von-campe.com>

On May 14, 2008, at 10:58, Alfred von Campe wrote:

> In the mean time, anyone have any info on Kermit for CentOS 5?  We
> have some Kermit scripts sent to us by one of our vendors, so we
> can't just easily migrate to another serial communications tool.

I was able to compile the latest Kermit from sources and put the
resulting binary in a network accessible location.  This should be
good enough for now.  But I wonder why Kermit is no longer available.

The next missing package is DDD?  I was able to download the RPM from
the EPEL repo (I do not want to enable that repo on my systems) and
install it on my systems.  But again, I wonder why that package is no
longer available?  Both DDD and Kermit were part of the base repo in
CentOS 4.X.

Alfred