[CentOS] Re: A couple of CentOS 5.1 issues

Wed May 14 22:05:35 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 5-14-2008 12:34 PM Alfred von Campe spake the following:
> On May 14, 2008, at 10:58, Alfred von Campe wrote:
>
>> In the mean time, anyone have any info on Kermit for CentOS 5?  We
>> have some Kermit scripts sent to us by one of our vendors, so we can't
>> just easily migrate to another serial communications tool.
>
> I was able to compile the latest Kermit from sources and put the
> resulting binary in a network accessible location.  This should be good
> enough for now.  But I wonder why Kermit is no longer available.
>
> The next missing package is DDD?  I was able to download the RPM from
> the EPEL repo (I do not want to enable that repo on my systems) and
> install it on my systems.  But again, I wonder why that package is no
> longer available?  Both DDD and Kermit were part of the base repo in
> CentOS 4.X.
>
> Alfred
CentOS usually creates whatever upstream gives out. You would have to see why
RedHat stopped putting it in, or see if you can convince CentOS developers to
add it to centosplus.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and