[CentOS] Centos Freezing

Fri May 16 01:51:51 UTC 2008

Hi Robert,

Robert Spangler wrote:
> For some reason at different times Centos will freeze and not allow me to do
> anything.  This doesn't happen while I'm working on the system but after I
> have locked my session and then return.  It could goes days without a lockup
> and then the next time I try to log in it'll be frozen.
>
> I would like to know if anyone else has seen this or knows of a fix or where I
> could start to look to find out if there is a process or something causing
> this.

Not me, have not had such an issue. make sure you are completely yum-updated for
a start.

> I normally have the same programs running so I don't think it could be caused
> by me starting and then leaving something new running.

I guess the reason why no one has replied to your post so far is that its hard
to work out or even think about such issues without some more context. Do you
have proprietary drivers installed for anything ? ndiswrapper for wifi  ? grfx
drivers for nvidia or ati ? Could there be a network issue ?